Monday, September 10, 2012

The Powers of the Priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of Heaven!

Hola familia! Como esta arriba???

This week has been a good one. We got two new investigators to teach, Noemi and Luis. Well We don't have Noemi anymore because her alter-ego, Hermana Price, is not my teacher anymore which is sad. Shout out to her if she reads my blog like she promised. Anyway so my teachers now are Hermano Bruce, and Hermano King. Hermano King served in Chile and got back about four months ago. Hermano Bruce is fresh out of Argentina and speaks with a weird Argentine accent that he is trying to get rid of for our sake haha. They are both really good and I am loving their teaching. The Spanish is coming along poco a poco. Every day I pray for and thank my Father in Heaven for the gift of tongues. It is real and I am feeling the reality of it now. We had a workshop on Friday about recognizing the Spirit and the sister gave a couple really good points that I think are helping me day by day to get better.

 You are probably wondering about the subject of this email. Well here we go. Elder Fawcett was sick for a couple days. I think he caught my cold but it didn't like him as much. He felt really dizzy and had a sinus infection pretty bad. Most of the drugs you sent me have mostly gone to him, but none to much avail. Well on Sunday, he asked for a blessing. I was wayyyyyy nervous and didn't really know how to do it, but luckily that is what the mission handbook was for. So I did my best, and I gave a blessing as the spirit  directed me. It was such a cool experience! Words came to my mind that I felt were from the Spirit, and even though it was a short and simple blessing, he woke up from a nap an hour later feeling great. Any sickness is no match against rest, drugs, and the priesthood. So that was the highlight of my week. I am grateful that I was able to receive those words from the Holy Ghost and deliver a blessing that was able to help another person.

Neat thing. Our district was kind of discouraged because our lessons were really crappy with our investigator because they completely outlawed English in our lessons. Our teachers came in and really emphasized that Learning Spanish is not our first priority in the MTC. It is to learn how to fulfill our missionary purpose. Our purpose is to Invite others to come unto Christ be helping them receive the Restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, and enduring to the end. Spanish comes second to that. It came as a testimony builder to me that if I don't know how to teach in English, I sure as heck won't be able to in Spanish. They really emphasize effective study habits to learn how to do just that.

Mom, here are the answer to your questions. Don't freak out but no I did not join the choir. They have practice on Tuesdays right in the middle of my class time and I can't afford to miss that. I need all the Spanish help that I can get. I am however auditioning for a musical number this week. I went last week, but I got in line literally seconds too late. I will let you know how that goes. My district leader is Elder Smith from California. He is brand new as of yesterday. Our old DL, Elder Keller, leaves for the Guatemala MTC tomorrow. Now our district is purely Costa Ricans and Philadelphians. It is a way nice time.  The "Republican" cookies, ann romneys recipe, got nothing on yours mom. They were kind of gross actually I think they are still under my bed. Thank you though. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGES!!!! Sorry I have been an ungrateful piece of crap and not thanked you before. I love being spoiled it feels nice to feel like the most loved child once and a while. Make sure Meredith and Marcus read that sentence.

COOL STORY! I gave a hug to an Elder yesterday who is the first missionary to come from Nepal!!!! The one branch there is like less than 100 people and I admire his faith and sacrifice to come out and do this! It is the best work in the world and I can't wait until the day that I am fluent in this blasted language.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They are felt! This is the true work of the Lord!! Anyone who says differently let me talk to them about it. The church is true and the Atonement is real!!! Love You!!! Over and Out



Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment