Monday, November 26, 2012

This work is awesome!



Hola todos!!

Yesterday was a pretty darn good day. First of all, I got to sing in church, which was awesome! I sang Yo se que vive mi Senor, or I know that my Redeemer Lives. Dad, I sang it out of the Michael Hicks book you gave me. It was pretty sick. Messed up one Spanish word but that is ok. It went really well, and Sister Pedersen, who is from another ward but plays the organ in our branch, and also played for me, said that we will probably be doing that more often. They don't get many musical numbers in the branch, and she said that they need to use me while they have me haha. But that was an awesome experience.

Secondly, and much more importantly, was that Fulvio was baptized!!! He was the one that was taught for years in Florida, but was living with a woman so couldn't be baptized. He has read and has a testimony of the Book of Mormon, Gospel Principles, and the Doctrine and Covenants. So ya we didn't really teach him much, we basically just had review lessons with him and he got baptized yesterday. Sadly, I don't have a picture with me right now. I handed my camera to someone to take a picture, but apparently he just decided not to take one with mine. Elder Wright has a picture, but not with him today, so I will get that to ya next week. But it was actually kind of funny. Jose Taveras, Fulvio's buddy, baptized Fulvio. This would be a lot easier with a picture, but I will just describe it to you. Jose, the baptizer, is like 5'2" and kind of fat. He got baptized a month ago, the priesthood last week, and didn't really know how to baptize. Fulvio is a 6'3", 250 pound Dominican monster.  We went over it before, but he was a little nervous. He literally had to do 6 or 7 tries to First, he forgot to say a certain word. Then he couldn't get Fulvio under the water completely. Then he forgot another word. It was kind of funny, but eventually he got it done. Apparently Fulvio had a lot of sin to be washed away because it took that long.... JK but it was awesome!!!!! Then afterwards in true Hispanic fashion we had a huge meal in the gym. Best part.

Another story. Remember Martha? I mentioned her last week. Refer to that for more information. Anyways, we had an awesome lesson with her about baptism and the Holy Ghost. We brought this awesome member with us and he shared his testimony and experience about how the Holy Ghost has helped him in his life, and we think that Martha is going to be baptized on the 23rd of December. She wanted to wait for her boyfriend from Columbia to come and do it, but we have absoluetly NO idea when he is coming. But another thing is that her older sister, who she was wayyy close to, died like 4 months ago, and so she is really interested in temple work too. But she can only do that if she is BAPTIZED!!!!

Saturday, we went to Staten Island for the last time to do service.We don't bus in, members drive. It is about 1.5 or 2 hours way. We went to a house right on the beach and cleaned it out completely! It was crazy. There was nothing left in it except for framing afterwards. Good times though. And then they ordered us pizza, which is the real reason why we members of the church do service. For free refreshments. Lets be real here.

Don't hate me family but I have a couple requests. In the next package, will you send some Christmas music and a cd booklet? that would be awesome. Oh and I just realized that I never brought my line of authority out here. That would be nice to have. You're the best.

Awesome to hear about that service project. There will be some happy missionaries here. For those who don't know my parents are putting together a service project to send christmas packages to missionaries in my mission so everyone can receive a Christmas package. And NO I have not heard from Emily! Tell her to fetching write me.

This work is awesome!!! The days are flying by. I am almost done with my first transfer here!!!! Crazy. It is like this church is true or something like that. Love you all. See you later, and can't wait to talk to ya a month from yesterday!!!



-Elder Mike Dial

1. some people park their boats in the worst places....
2. Me rocking baptismal pants


No comments:

Post a Comment