Monday, June 3, 2013

Come Listen to a Seventy's Voice!




Mike's First Trainee...Elder Minnich from Ft. Worth Texas


Confiscated Coffee after a lesson on the Word of Wisdom

Hello!
Well I opened up my emails to President today and guess what? President Ronald Rasband is coming to the mission!!! Next Sunday we are trekking down to Newark Delaware to hear him! Totally skipping out on church, but that's ok because a servant of the Lord has requested to meet with us. This is the second time a GA has come since I have been here. Last year in like December Elder Pieper came out, and that was way cool. I love President Rasband's talks and so I am STOKED on life right now! What a blessing it will be. I absolutely cannot wait. Like a week or two ago I was talking to Elder Ward on the other side of PA, and they are having a huge mission conference coming up with a bunch of General Authorities. I asked President Schaefermeyer about it, if we had anyone coming, and he said no.... Well thankfully the Lord is full of tender mercies and we get direct counsel from one of his Special Witnesses. I cannot wait!
Well I am writing you since like Wednesday..... It has been a short week. Dulce didn't come to church this week. I literally called her 15 minutes before it started, asked if she was coming. She was like "Yeah!" But no. Apparently between the time we talked and church started, a friend came over and was able to convince her that going to a flea market in New Jersey was more important than going to the Lord's consecrated chapel and worshiping Him that gave us life..... We totally went over to her house later that day and rebuked her in the most loving way possible. She was scared when she saw us haha. The very next lesson we have with her will be about the Sabbath Day, you can be absolutely sure of that. She has the desire to get baptized and has expressed it so much, but actions speak louder than words, don't they?
Well that is basically all that has happened in the past few days. We are finding, teaching, and will be baptizing very soon. The work goes on no matter what. I love the work. Haha I feel like every last paragraph of all of my letters is the exact same. BUT IT IS TRUE!!!!! Christ lives. This is His church. I know it beyond a shadow of a doubt. It is a beautiful thing. I am so grateful for my knowledge and for the opportunity that I have to Share it!!!! It is awesome. I love you all!
-Elder Mike Dial

p.s. Thanks for the awesome Letter! I do have one request. Brown socks. I bought some brown shoes for $4 and need some brown socks. Cool for Meredith! Tell her congrats for me. With Meg too... 

No comments:

Post a Comment