Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Well, I guess I should probably write my family....

Dear Family,
 
Shoutout to Grandma Dial for caving and getting a puppy! Can't wait to see Bobby when I get back.
Ok. We had a good week. First, we heard that Elder Shane M. Bowen is coming to the mission. I am richly blessed as a missionary. When I came out, Elder Paul Pieper came out, a few months ago we met with Elder Rasband, and now we get a third GA! I am stoked. We always learn so much from the Lord's chosen servants about what we need to do better as missionaries. The Whole did a survey about obedience, PMG application, and all that jazz so that Elder Bowen knows what to focus on while he is here.
Romeris, our investigator set for the 4th of August, texted us and told us that she talked with one of her old friends and they tried to instill a lot of her old concerns and doubts. I had an AWESOME lesson on Facebook with her about it. Then yesterday, we met with her. We answered every single one of her questions about several topics directly from the bible. (Thank you topical guide.) She knows it now. She believes it. On Facebook the other day, she asked me, "Why is it that as soon as I get things straight, I get all confused again?" I had to think for a while to anser that question. But luckily the Spirit came to the rescue, and I said, "If this really is the true Gospel upon the earth, don't you think Satan would do all that he could to stop you from getting to it?" That opened up her eyes. She said that it made lots of sense now. She is reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. She is going to be living the commandments. I am so excited. If I leave this area, I will be able to see her be baptized! We haven't baptized here since April so that will be a huge blessing!
 
That is pretty much the highlight of my week. I am also out of time. Can't wait to talk to ya next week!
 
Love,
 
Elder Michael Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment