Monday, October 28, 2013

Training again! STOKED!!!

 Mike's Church Building in New Jersey
This is Gerardo.



Well, our baptism didn't quite happen yesterday like we were planning. Our investigator decided that there wasn't enough work here in New Jersey, so he decided to move to Florida. Major bummer. Just wish he would have let us know. We knew he was planning to move, but on Friday we called him to verify one of our appointments, and he was like, "Yo, I'm on my way to Florida." The conversation was pretty awkward from that point out as we said our goodbyes, but that's ok. It will be a super easy dunk for those lucky missionaries that find him down south.

Saturday, we had a HUGE Halloween party for the members. I would LOVE to send pictures but the computer that I am assigned to use right now doesn't have an SD card slot and I forgot my camera cord. Major bummer. But that's ok because we had 4 or 5 investigators that came to the party!!! The Young Women decorated the chapel to look all Halloweeny, members brought all kinds of pies, cider, and corn stuff. We did some classic games. The Elders did the donut game where you put your hands behind your back and eat the donut hanging from the string. We had one round where all four missionaries in the branch did it, and OF COURSE Elder Dial dominated. I know you're all super proud of me. But the best part was our investigators getting fellowshipped by the members of the branch.

We are starting to back away from some investigators that don't really want to make the next step towards conversion. Just like Elder Bednar said, there is a difference between having a testimony and being converted to the Gospel. Having a testimony means that you know that the Gospel is true. Conversion is living what that testimony implies. Most members of the Church have testimonies. But TONS aren't converted enough to live it. We as missionaries are trying to help people to develop deep, lasting conversion. Conversion comes through keeping commitments, sincere repentance, and the making and keeping of sacred covenants. We are trying to find the elect and will not quit until we find all the people that God wants us to find. We are doing lots of street contacting, offering free English Classes (which are super fun to teach, by the way) and trying to be more creative about finding. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Well, transfer calls came, and Elder Wall is gonzo. I hope he gets up to Allentown, where I started my mission. He will get a little Puerto Dominicano to cleanse him of his Mexicanness. President also called me to serve as a trainer again. I am so stoked. This new missionary is gonna eat so much chile that he won't be able to see straight. I am super excited. I loved training the first time and can't wait to do it again. Hope this missionary likes to work and I hope that he isn't a tool.

Well, I absolutely love this work. I think I say that every single day and in every single email that I write home. If you want more joy in your life, find a way to share the Gospel. Reach out to someone new. Reach out to some less-actives in your ward. Be a friend to those who don't have one. More than anything, do what Christ would do. Love ya tonzzzz!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment