Monday, October 7, 2013

Was conference not the best thing in the entire universe?

Well we just witnessed a miracle here this morning. We are having a Zone activity today, so we had to leave a little early to go get everything done. Before we were going to leave, it was pouring rain. This is when I would like to be in a car area or have a washer and dryer in our apartment. But then I thought, "Hey, we pray to the Guy that controls all this stuff. Let's ask Him to give us a break." So we prayed asking that we could get everything that we needed to done without delay. When we left, the rain had subsided a little bit. After about 30 seconds of riding on our bikes, the rain had almost altogether stopped. I sit before you beautiful people completely dry right now. Just like President Monson said a year ago, "God is in the details of our lives." No concern of ours is too small, nothing do minute that we cannot take it to Him. He listens!!!!
Was conference not the best thing in the entire universe? I submit that it was! I agree with President Monson that it was one of the most uplifitng conferences I have attended. I made an effort to listen and learn, and it paid great dividends. It is as good as Christmas for missionaries. The best part was that 2 of our investigators came! Along with a less-active that we have been working with. One of our investigators, Enrique PanteleĆ³n, came to priesthood session. He has the most potential of anyone I have ever seen. He has made a complete turn-around of his life and is now a devoted disciple of Christ. He is looking for truth. We can offer it to him. First of all, he actually came on time to priesthood session. Anyone who knows hispanics knows that that is a miracle in of itself. He LOVED President Uchtdorf's talk. Also President Eyering's. He said, "I believe." We are excited. We have been having trouble finding the elect, but in faith, and due to a Zone Training we had this past week, Elder Wall and I prayerfully set the date of November 24 as a date that our area, Bridgeton East, will have a baptism. Since then, the Lord has placed people into our path. I believe that Enrique will be baptized on that day.
Some of our solid investigators, Pedro and Rosa, were not able to come to conference for some excuse. That's ok though. They just didn't understand why it was so important. They are living together without being married, and have 2 kids together. This week, we are going to have a lesson with them with a couple from the branch to explain to them why it is so important that we are married. We heard a LOT about that during the Sunday Sessions. They are going to get married, and they also have a TON of potential. Just need to keep some more commitments.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!! Yes I got it. The pumpkin cookies didn't last long. The beef Jerky is just about gone. Same with the bread. Thank you. It arrived safe and sound. Literally made my week
What was y'alls favorite part of conference? I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talks on Saturday. Man. I love hearing that guy speak. Knows what's up. I am committed to be the best home teacher in the world when I get home thanks to President Monson. I know he is a prophet. The Spirit has borne witness to me that he really is God's prophet upon the earth today. This I know. I love you all! Thanks for everything!!!
-Elder Dial
 (P.S.  I asked Michael to send a paragraph about his 40 year old piano teacher from Virginia who died tragically from sepsis after a routine skin cancer was removed from his head...he had a big influence on Mike, musically, piano and voice and motivating him to take his piano to a new level and explore not just playing the keys, but also arranging and getting more out of hymns etc.  Here is the paragraph he sent...)
Mr. Jake helped me so much during the course of my musical development. Most specifically, he taught me how to take a song and arrange it. Because of what he taught me, I have been able to bless the lives of others because of the musician I am today, and that is largely in part to Mr. Jake. How sad and tragic this is, because we miss him. But we know that he is doing a very important work on the other side of the veil. I know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment