Monday, November 11, 2013

Teaching and Testifying!



T'was a good one. We had some of the most powerful lessons that I have had during my short time as a missionary. Elder Morgan is bold. I love it. We were teaching this one guy, Enrique, about the Book of Mormon. He has been having trouble reading out of anything that isn't the Bible. Elder Morgan shared Ether 12:27 with him about God helping weak things become strong. Enrique's face completely lit up and he said, "I want to read this book." It was awesome. The Spirit was so strong. It bore testimony to all in the room. You could taste it. Enrique still has a long way to go, but he is making his way, step by step, down the road to complete discipleship.

We also had some AMAZING lessons with Pedro. He's the one who LOVES the Gospel but needs to put a ring on it before he can get dunked. He wants to get baptized more than ever. He is reading constantly in the Book of Mormon. When he doesn't think he gets everything, he goes back and reads it again. He literally remembers every single fact from reading. He told me the date of when Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith. He recounted the story of going back and getting the Brass plates from Jerusalem perfectly, and told us why it was important for them to have the brass plates. He is SO ready to be a member of the church, but Rosa is holding him back a little bit. She wants to get married in Mexico so her family can be there. It is definitely a valid point, but we are teaching her this week about why we need to be married to please God before anybody else. If we have faith, and she opens up that heart of hers, miracles will happen and she will get it.

I am so stoked. At the end of this month or during the first part of December, I WILL BE ABLE TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!!! One of my converts from Allentown, Fulvio, is getting ready to go receive his endowment. I am literally giddy about going. Before my mission I went at least weekly, usually more, SO stoked to be able to go again. I have some names that I have pulled off of Family Search that I am going to do., literally stoked out of my mind.

Elder Morgan has SUPER good Spanish. We went on a mini exchange yesterday and he took over the area for a few hours. He literally taught a few lessons by himself in perfect Spanish understanding everything as well. He speaks and understands WAY more than I did at his point. Good stuff. He is going to be (and already is) an AWESOME missionary!!!

Love the Gospel. It is super true. Love it more than anything else in the world.   I can't wait to go out after I send this email and preach it some more.

Love you guys.

Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment