Monday, December 2, 2013

Cuenta y Verás Cuantas Bendiciones de Jesús Tendrás‏ (Count and you will see how many blessings the Savior has in store for you)




 Thanksgiving Bridgeton New Jersey Spanish Branch Style!

 Turkey Bowl Baby!


Well we had a fantastic Día de Acción de Gracias. I literally ate myself silly. Sorry Mom. First of all, we played a Turkey Bowl early in the morning with some Elders and members from the Vineland Ward. I looked fantastic. I definitely wasn't sore for three days afterwards. It was SUPER cold. But that's ok. We survived. Then we went home and showered and went and invited tons of investigators and everyone else we could find to our branch Thanksgiving dinner. We stopped by this one investigator, and she invited us in to eat a little bit. We declined, saying that we were saving all of our room for Thanksgiving. She insisted, "Solo un taco!" We caved. Apparantely "un taco" entails, beans, pork, rice, and tortillas. Biggest "un taco" I have ever seen. Then we went to invite someone else that fed us again. He fed us some mole. Delicious. Then two hours later we feasted upon turkey, stuffing, rice, tortillas, jello, tamales (the best!!) and lots of other stuff. Then we went back on Friday for District Meeting and had leftovers, didn't even bother getting on my scale this past week.

With one of our investigators, Enrique, is bombin. He would meet with us every day if he could. Last night, we talked about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and how Baptism is incomplete without it. Doesn't mean that he has never felt the Holy Spirit before, which was a concern of his. But now it is resolved. We talked about the Priesthood authority with which we do these things. I showed him my line of authority and he loved it. It fascinated him. He wants to hold the priesthood. He has been totally against churches but now he is coming around. We are helping him to understand that even though just being a member of the church won't save a soul, but Christ established a Church, but it was corrupted and lost. Through living prophets, it has been restored upon the earth. The priesthood has been restored as well. How blessed we are to have this knowledge!!!

Elder Morgan and I are tearing it up here in Bridgeton. We are finding the elect. We are finding those who will experiment upon the message. It is going SUPER well. It's just a little chilly, but we're not afraid of the cold. The cold is afraid of us.

Now we are in full fledged Christmas season! Love it. There are lights everywhere. Where did November go??? No idea. Well, this is my life. Love being a missionary. I love preaching the Gospel of Peace, with which my feet are shod. I have never been so happy in my life. There is no better feeling than the Spirit of God. I have the privilege of preaching it by word and deed. I am by no means perfect, but I am trying. I love this Gospel. I know that it is true. The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of God by God. He has called me, through a living prophet, to serve in this very area of Bridgeton, New Jersey to find the honest in heart and to help them make saving covenants with him. How great is my calling!

-Elder Michael Dial


No comments:

Post a Comment