Monday, February 10, 2014

We'll Now go Up and Serve the Lord!

 
Mike's Companion Elder Acosta
 
Well we are super stoked about this upcoming week. We start it off by getting our iPads tomorrow at Zone Conference!!! They will be an awesome tool. I can't tell you how many times I would have killed to have a conference talk, a scripture that I couldn't find, a Mormon Message, or something of the sort in a lesson, but never could. Now, we will be able to do all of that. We will be able to teach people via Skype that we were not able to reach before. With people we know on Facebook, we can teach them anywhere in the world. There will be some collaboration with local missionaries on the other side, but we are excited nonetheless. It is going to revolutionize the way we keep in contact with, teach, and find investigators.

So the iPads are going to be pretty neat. Then the week will get topped off with the temple trip on Saturday with Fulvio! To say that I am stoked out of my mind would be an understatement. Haven't been to the temple in about 16 months, and I am super excited to go. Especially because this time the session will be in Spanish! So I am super excited to see Fulvio take upon himself these sacred exalting covenants, and am honored to be able to be there with him.

Something I love about Allentown is being able to play the organ during Sacrament Meeting. I love playing the Organ. Except yesterday they sang "Have I Done Any Good?" That song is crazy. The left hand is insane. I had to practice it for about 20 minutes before Sacrament Meeting, but I ended up doing alright. The Lord really made up the difference. I am experimenting using the foot pedals during prelude and postlude music. I will have to practice those a lot to get that down.

Well this past week we saw a miracle. Yesterday, we were walking in Bethlehem while it was snowing pretty heavily looking for a less active. We saw some people that were SUPER stuck in the snow. We offered our services. It was a little Mitsubishi Eclipse that had been stuck in that same spot since Thursday when we had some crazy snow and freezing rain. Well, it was pretty stuck. The tires had no traction. So Elder Dial started going ham on the ice behind the car with a baseball bat and made a pathway for the tires and about 40 minutes later they were out. We got a return appointment for dinner and a lesson with them. Service opens hearts. If you want to come to love someone more, serve them.

Well, the Spirit is working on the people here. Cool things are happening here, and they for sure are happening right where you are as well. Sometimes all we have to do is open our eyes to see them. I know that God is in this work. I have seen so many things fall into place. Too many to believe that it is just a coincidence taking place. The scriptures are true. If you are doubting your testimony, or it isn't as deep as you would like, feast upon the scriptures. They will tell you what to do and will help you to know with conviction the Gospel of God. This is my humble testimony. 

-Elder Dial

 

No comments:

Post a Comment