Monday, March 17, 2014



Writing home at Luis' home


St. Patty's Day Festive


Shoes are starting to look a little worn

Ok everyone get ready. It's Elder Dial's letter. Get excited. Some cool things happened this week. We are teaching these two investigators, Lilian and Angel. Lilian is Super Dominican and is one of the biggest sweethearts I have ever met in my life. Her sancocho is delicious. She has been meeting on and off with the missionaries since she was a teenager. Talk about not giving up. She is super nice and we are seeing if she shows signs of interest and keeping commitments so that she can know that the Gospel is true. She literally calls us "Mis Hijos." We sometimes call her mamá in response. We just helped her move last week to a different house. Yesterday we had a super awesome lesson with her. The Spirit was there. We taught about baptism, and how we can know that the Gospel is true. She says she believes that Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw, and we are trying to help her to
take the next steps to make that covenant with God so that she can experience those blessings that come thereby. We are super excited tosee how it will turn out and to see how The Lord had prepared her up to this point. Her husband/boyfriend, Ángel, doesn't know a whole lot about religion, but we are working with him as well so that he can feel the Spirit and become converted. These are exciting times for them. We are blessed to be able to teach them.

I am speaking in church next Sunday about charity. Our branch sometimes has a little problem about gossiping and about talking bad about each other. Maybe it is Hispanic culture, but it has been a
problem wherever I have served! Hopefully I will be inspired to say a few words about how we can love our fellow men, and about how it is a commandment that we have charity. We can't say that we love Christ and are one of His disciples if we don't have charity. Mormon says that God has given charity to all that are true believers of His Son, Jesus Christ. Hopefully I will be able to help out our active members to be a little kinder and to show love to others here.

Well apparently the Puerto Ricans here are boycotting St. Patrick's day. Interesting, isn't it. I am rockin my socks and tie that I was sent. I am looking stylin. I just need a sweater or coat that is green to even better exemplify that Irishman that isn't in me.

We have interviews coming up this week. Those should be a good time. I love interviews. President always gives awesome counsel to us on how we can improve. Being on my mission has made me a lot more open to correction and counsel from other people. Being a Spanish elder helps a lot with that. You are humbled the second you don't know what anyone is saying!

Well, that's pretty much the nitty gritty for this week. Thanks for your love and support. I'm super excited for this next week coming up. It's gonna be a good one. Gonna preach with all me heart, might, mind, and strength the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love testifying of  Him. I love testifying that we have a prophet on earth today that we get to hear in two and a half weeks! Get excited! Love you all!

 Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment