Monday, April 7, 2014

Let Us All Press On!


Ok well that was probably in the top 4 best conferences ever. Who's
excited for Elder Dial's Conference review? I sure am. Here goes.
Wait. First of all let's talk about a few things that went on this
week. We met with our investigator Luis and his "esposa" Aida. Yeah
they aren't married, just have like 4 kids together and have been
living together for like 30 years. Why get married right? Why would we
ever want to do that? BECAUSE GOD SAID SO, OK? So many people have a
huge struggle with that! But that doesn't married the fact that we had
a super spiritual lesson with Luis. Before I got here, he finished the
entire Book of Mormon, including the Guide to Scriptures at the back,
which is the equivalent to the Bible Dictionary. His Book of Mormon is
marked up. So basically, about when I got here, he went to Puerto Rico
on vacation. Due to the crazy snowstorms we had this year, he didn't
get back until a few weeks ago, and had been avoiding us. Apparently
he had been fed some information that had made him feel indifferent
about us. His reading stopped, and his heart hardened. He finally let
us in earlier this week, and then on Friday as well. We had two super
good lessons where the Spirit was there. He recognizes it. He had
fallen into some addictions that he thought were over, but now he has
hope again. He always asks us to pray for him, and I told him that we
were, my family was, and that thousands of people are praying for the
people that are investigating the church. Send some prayers his way.
We are excited for him. Good stuff.

Ok, so Conference was pretty amazing. I took a TON of notes, and I had
all my questions answered. I love Conference. Here are some themes
that I caught. President Monson and Elder Holland both talked about
defending the faith. Elder Anderson also mentioned it. We need to
learn how to tell our story, explain our beliefs and why we believe
them, and be able to defend. Defending doesn't mean contending! It is
standing firm for The Lord, His Gospel, and His Church. Defending
doesn't always consist of convincing the other party. Many times it
doesn't. But it does mean being strong and firm. It has never been
easy to live a Christian life, and so we shouldn't be phased when some
persecution, misunderstanding, and judgments comes our way. It doesn't
mean it isn't true. Look at Christ. How many people believed on Him
during His life? What things were brought upon Him and His followers
personally? We can't call ourselves His followers if we aren't willing
to endure some of that! We can't say we love Jesus if we compromise
what He said should be and what His personal beliefs were. We must
believe what He believes, talk like He talks, and act like He acts. I
love Him and am trying to do these things and defend them. Sorry for
that rant, but that's simply the way it is.

I absolutely loved President Packer's talk. He is a trooper. His
testimony hit me super hard. I won't share specifics of what the
Spirit testified to me, because it is sacred to me. Go listen to the
talk again. Elder Christofferson shared the same message in his talk.
Elder Christofferson literally invited all of us to gain that same
testimony and witness of Christ. That is what I strive to. I am trying
to align my life to look more like the Savior's.

Ok mom, just like you said, Let Us All Press On was amazing. First
time I had heard that arrangement. I fetching loved it.

Stand in holy places. Have courage. The world cannot change GOD'S
views, doctrines, or standards.  Be the example people look to and decide to
change, like Elder Scott said. I ask myself who will say, "I changed
that day when Mike Dial said/did that." I hope to be able to be a tool
in the hands of The Lord that He might be able to accomplish His
purposes.

Well, I could say a ton more, but they are all in my notes. We all
found out things that we need to improve. If you didn't, go watch
conference again and pay better attention. I know that those men and
women were inspired of The Lord to say what they said. I love them,
and am so excited to put in practice the counsel that I received. I
love you all! Can't believe that was my last general conference on my
mission. Crazy to think about.  Love y'all!

Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment