Monday, May 19, 2014

What Do We Do When Temptation Pulls Up Next To Us? Run!‏

What up familia?

 Some pretty crazy stuff going on over here in
Bethlehem. Doin our best to be obedient and diligent so that The Lord
will give us a greater portion of His Spirit. Sometimes it isn't the
easiest thing to do and it seems that we can justify ourselves in
breaking a "small" mission rule or a "lesser" commandment, and say,
"Well at least I'm keeping the bigger ones," but the sacrifice to be
exactly obedient DEFINITELY is worth it. We must be doing something
right because this week he has blessed us with several of His children
to teach that seem vey prepared to receive His restored Gospel. Let me
share with you a couple of them.

This past Tuesday we went over to Joanna's house (daughter of Luis and
Aida) we have been trying to teach them for forever. We taught them
the restoration a while back,  just had a whole lot of trouble finding
them home and interested in having another lesson. We went over and
found their oldest daughter home. Her name is Coralie, and she is
super nice. She's about eighteen and we are gonna involve her in the
teaching as well. I really do hope and pray that she can be some fire
to get her family stoked on the Gospel. Why can't people see how
important it is??? We tell them and tell them and testify and teach
and invite and follow up and a thousand other things, but why can't
they realize how much God wants them to accept His Gospel? Why can't
they realize how inexcusable their excuses really are and how
eternally futile virtually everything they do in their life is? Ugh.
Makes my brain hurt. But at least I know it. At least I can raise a
warning voice and invite and help them come unto Christ.

We got two solid new investigators named Brenda and Geraldo. The
English Sisters tracted into Brenda and then told us to stop by, which
we did. We taught her and her husband about the restoration, and the
Spirit was super strong during the lesson. We told them what we
expected from our lessons and what we expected them to do. Brenda
asked why there is so much confusion about religions in the world, and
we told her that she had to go to God and ask him which of all the
religions is true. We invited them to read in the Book of Mormon and
to pray about it. They accepted the invitation to be baptized when
they receive a confirmation from the Spirit that these things are
true.

We saw Brenda again on Sunday. She's pretty prepared. We met another
one of her daughters and a son of hers. He daughter is Jaylene and her
son is Leny. Lenny's kind of strange. We're pretty sure he was super
high during our lesson with his family today, but hey, he is a trooper
and was our male present, so we ain't complaining. He was saying how
he just got done seeing God right before our lesson. Personally, I
think it's just the hallucinogens, but we are gonna help him to stop
that stuff. Anyway, we have been finding some super prepared people
this week. Like Jaylene, Brenda's daughter, is just as prepared as her
mom is. The Restoration answered a bunch of questions that she had,
and she is willing to act. After lots of patience and inviting and
demonstrating on our part, she said a prayer to finish the lesson. I
think what I don't realize sometimes is that this might be the first
time that these people are legitimately praying in their lives, so I
should be more patient and loving with the way I invite them to do so.

We saw Teodoro and read with him Sunday. He's a champ. His family
situation still sucks a ton, but he is doing his best for his
daughter, and I commend him for wanting to grow spiritually. We
stopped by and read 1 Nephi 2 with him just to get him going reading.
I love that guy. He also made us some super good food. I think we got
fed three times today. So pretty much like a normal day.
#SpanishElderProbs

On May 15 this past week, I thought about the priesthood, because in
1829 it was restored on that day. I thought about the blessings of the
priesthood in my life. It has blessed my life in countless ways that
cannot be measured, so my gratitude for it should be endless as well.
I am so thankful I have been sent to preach the Gospel by that
authority, have that authority conferred upon me to act in the name of
The Lord, and to be sealed to my family for time and all eternity!

Holy fetch time is flying. Love you all. Thanks for the endless love
and support y'all always send me. I'm thankful for it. I have a
testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is at the head of
this work, and has chosen me to be in this place at this time to be a
missionary. I stopped having questions about that a long time ago.
Transfers are this next week. I'll let you know what happens! Love ya!


Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment