Monday, June 2, 2014

D&C 88:73

The Lord truly is hastening His work. I have been blessed to see that
many times in many ways. One of them is the fact that the Allentown
Branch will become a ward on July 6. I can't describe to you my
feelings. It has been so amazing seeing this branch grow, and even
though we aren't perfect yet, we have seen miracles happen all the
time.

We met with Hipolito. He is a less active we have been working with
for some time He is a swell guy. I helped him fix his internet. The
Ethernet cord was plugged into the wrong port and he has been out of
internet for days because of it haha. He was so concerned and I went
and plugged it in the right place and had it fixed in approximately 2
seconds. Then we showed him how to get the scriptures on lds.org and
general conference and all that jazz. Then we watched Elder Bednar's
April 2014 talk with him. That is awesome. Trials and tribulations
increase our spiritual traction and allow us to confront head on those
challenges that God will allow us to experience in this life. It went
super well.

We had a ballin lesson with Coralie and Fabian. Coralie asked, "Hey,
is there like a movie about Joseph Smith?" Talk about inspired
questions from the investigator. Well out the window our planned
lesson went and on to YouTube we looked up "Joseph Smith: Prophet of
the Restoration." They had tons of questions during and after the
film. We explained to them that all that they had seen was either true
or it was not. Knowledge of the truthfulness of these things hangs on
the belief that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet of God, and that
knowledge can come from reading in and praying about the Book of
Mormon. They, Coralie specifically, are so stoked to read. We are
excited for them. I felt prompted to testify of the priesthood and
showed them my line of authority, which I am blessed to have with me.
That really made it real for them. I try to live according to the
covenant I mad when I received that priesthood. They are gonna go so
far!!!

Had a good lesson with Teodoro for the first time in a while. We
established our expectations with him. He established his expectations
with us. We explained that we claim that Joseph Smith didn't just
start another church, but that he restored THE church. It isn't just
another Gospel, rather that isn't is the true, complete, and restored
Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is evidence that Joseph
Smith was called as a prophet. He is progressing, little by little. He
is reading and praying often with his daughter! He has been reading in
the Book of Mormon with her. He explained to us the effect that it has
had on him, and described to us his feelings about it. The Spirit was
there, and it was an awesome experience.

We also went the Saturday night session of stake conference here. I
had a couple impressions. One sister said that we can't show people
the Gospel by any other motive but love. We literally have to "love
them into the Gospel." I loved that. That is the root of everything!
Love! Several people from the congregation were asked to share
experiences about their own member missionary work, and the Spirit was
strong. The stake president asked all the missionaries in the room to
stand. The full time missionaries stood up, but then he said, "Now we
have a whole lot more missionaries than that in this stake. I didn't
say full time..." Then everyone stood up. They taught out of Preach My
Gospel and told every member to get one and to study it. The session
was all about hastening the work of salvation, and it was a blessing
to be there!

I know that what we desire to be one day we are now becoming. That is
the basis of the Gospel. We know who we are. We are children of God,
with the potential to become perfected, glorified, and empowered just
like He is. We need to learn to become like Him way before the time
that we are reunited with Him face to face. I know this is true. God
lives. He wants us to be happy, and that's why he gives us His Gospel
and His commandments. I love you all! Thanks for the never ending love
and support you send my way. I feel it and it sustains me!


Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment