Sunday, November 4, 2012

A wonderful gift to parents!

Sunday November 4, 2012

Dear Brother and Sister Dial

My name is Katrina Pedersen and I live in Allentown, PA.  I walked in to church today and noticed we had a new Elder so of course I introduced myself to him.  Immediately I knew that this branch was being be blessed.  I then found out that Elder Dial just arrived here from the MTC this past week.  

As I took a few minutes to get to know him, I could feel his enthusiasm for the gospel right away but along with that, I sensed a deep love he has for his mom. (I'm sure it was for his entire family but, hey, mom's get the credit while they are on their mission! ) 

I shared with him an experience I had this past week with our daughter who along with our son is serving a mission in Brazil.   With the hurricane that hit this area, our daughter has only heard the worst of the news in Brazil so while she was at a members home, she asked if they had any information on how things were in Pennsylvania.  Seeing the stress she was carrying, wondering if we were alright, the member picked up her phone and called us.  I can't tell you the emotions I had that day talking to a member of the church that I have never met letting her know that we were fine as she relayed the message to our daughter.  As I was telling Elder Dial this story, he said, "Oh I can imagine how you felt, just knowing how my Mom would have felt."  Right then I knew there was a way I could pay it forward for something someone had done for me.

I told Elder Dial that I would love to take a picture of him and send it home.  Before I could even finish my sentence, he had a piece of paper out with your email address on it and of course a HUGE smile on his face.  He is serving in a branch that will feed him well and love him a lot.  He is also blessed with a great companion and between the two of them, I know that branch will really be blessed.

Thank you so much for sending us a well prepared and of course a very like-able :) missionary.  If there is anything I can ever to while he is in our area, please don't hesitate to contact me.  I know it is always nice to have someone looking over our missionaries while they are away from home.

Love,
Katrina Pedersen

No comments:

Post a Comment