Monday, November 5, 2012

Tongue Tacos???????!!!!!



Monday, November 05, 2012

Top of Form
Hello everyone!!

Elder Dial here just hanging out here in Allentown; loving life. I am realizing that the Allentown branch is the most true branch in the church. It is on the brink of becoming a ward. It has like 50-60 strong members, but apparently you have to have a certain amount of full-tithe payers, but we will get some more coming up really soon. There is this one family, the B*** Family, (I am finally starting to remember people's names. Before they were all just Spanish jibberish) they are the BOMB.COM. They feed us like kings like every day. I am told that the more rice I eat the more Spanish I will understand. Anyways, the two daughters in the B*** family were baptized like 10 years ago, but soon after went inactive. But recently, about a year ago, one daughter, Leni, was reactivated and her husband converted. They got sealed like a month ago. About 8 months ago, the other daughter Jeni, was reactivated and the mother Yaqueline (pronounced with a "J") was baptized. Then the father, Martin, was baptized as well, along with Jeni's husband, Gian. They have one other son, O****, who was in prison for like 6 months and missed the baptisms of like everyone, but was released a couple months ago. He is the only non-member in his family now. He came to church yesterday and he said that he felt good. He has subtly hinted that he has a desire to be baptized. So yesterday we gave him a Book of Mormon and told him to read the Introduction, which is pretty much the best thing ever. I never read it before my mission. If you can't remember what it says, read it. It is great. Anyways we are following up with him today or tomorrow because he works in a Barber Shop and gives us haircuts for free. We are gonna go get our hair cut today or tomorrow. He said to teach us there so that his buddies at work can hear too! What a boss. He will be baptized.

Luckily, Sandy didn't hit us like she hit others. We got power back on Thursday, which was good because cereal wasn't quite as good with lukewarm milk, but we are all good now!

STORYTIME!!! A miracle happened on Saturday. Pretty much all of our appointments had fallen through, and we were kind of doing a last-resort effort to go visit some members. We went to their house, knocked on the door, and BOOM!!! nothing happened. Not home. Gotcha there. Anyways, so Elder Wright got in the car, and being the obedient missionary that I try to be, I was backing him up. As I was about to get back in the car, a 30ish year old man with a cane stopped us. He told us that his name was Carlos Castro, and that he wants us to come by and teach him!!! His mom and sister are inactive members, and he went to church a few times in Puerto Rico. He wasn't interested then, but he has two kids and a wife now, and is looking towards the priorities in his life. We are going to see him tomorrow, and I am fetching stoked. He is my first new investigator and I can't wait to teach him. If we hadn't been obedient, and I had just gotten in the car, he would have missed us. I will report on how this goes next week. Love it.

Mom, you can send us packages to our door. They give us a slip and we go to the Post Office to pick it up. Do that and then it won't sit in the mission office for a couple weeks. Love you.

Cool story, we went on exchanges, so I spent a day in Reading. If you look on a Monopoly board, one of the railroads is Reading Station. Ya. I saw it. No big deal. Anyways, we went to an authentic Mexican place, and I got cow tongue!!! It is delicious. A tiny bit more chewy than beef, but I loved it. I got it in a Huarache, which is kind of a giant mexican calzone. It is delicious, and can be seen in the picture. It was yummy. That wasn't even the best part! Someone paid for our meal there!!! I now know what it feels like to serve in Utah where people do that everywhere!! All I had to pay for was my Sangria, which is a delicious grape drink. Try it sometime.

Well, I love you all. Thanks for the love, support and prayers. My testimony has grown so much over these 10 or 11 weeks. I see people change to come unto Christ, and there is no better feeling than knowing that you are helping someone change their life completely. I have only been out for like 2 weeks and haven't seen anything yet!!! The church is true!!! Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and saw what he said he saw. The Priesthood Authority of God was restored through him, and I have the privilege of holding it and exercising it, like yesterday when I was invited to stand in the circle of two baby blessings. I love you all but don't miss you that much because I am enthralled in the work of the Lord!!! Love you!!!!


-Elder Dial


P.S. Dad gift cards are always great ways of showing love for your son and his companion. Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment