Monday, December 17, 2012

It's beginning to feel a lot like winter...here in Allentown!





Well first of all, I want to give a shout out to Katie Andresen! I didn't know she was gonna be next door to me for 18 months! That's pretty neat. She will do great.

The weather is starting to cool down here in Allentown. The skies are graying and the temperature is cooling down. Not my favorite thing but that is ok. It snowed once a couple weeks ago, but it was gone in like 4 hours. Now we just have freezing rain, which is a real treat.

This past Saturday, there was a branch temple trip and tons of the recent converts here went. That is SOOOOOO key for retention. If you get a recent convert to the temple, their retention rate just skyrockets!!! They talked about it in church yesterday and one couple, the Becos, started crying as they walked through the doors of the temple. Apparently in the DC temple you walk through the front doors to go to the baptistry now. I love the temple man. Haven't been to it for about 2 months now, but since I helped reteach some recent converts here, I will be able to go in a year when they go get sealed. I can't flippin wait.

So our investigator Martha, who has the boyfriend in Columbia, is really set on having him baptize her. So apparently she is going to go to Columbia for a week so that he can baptize her. She promised him that she would have him do it, and even though she always says she doesn't have enough money, if it is that important to her, that's ok I guess. At least she is making those sacred covenants with her Father in Heaven.

The other two Elders in my Christmas card cover basically the same area as us, but speak English. They just got a new one, Elder Tolbert, who was actually drafted by the Astros in the 34th round, but since it isn't that high of a draft pick, he decided to go on a mission and play college ball when he gets back. Pretty neat stuff!

Too bad you didn't get to see Aldous, Dad. I will definitely pray for him though.

Does cake travel well through USPS? I wonder... Kidding it would be way gross once it got here. I did receive the package though. I think you were supposed to send that to the mission office, but that is ok. Let's see if I have enough self-control to not unwrap those presents..... Also BIG thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Bevan for sending me some O-Henry bars, dyed green. Those are always a treat!!!

Don't worry, we will be well-fed for the Holidays. Don't know where we are going on Christmas Eve, but we will get invited somewhere. Will let ya know.

Well Mario and Omar are progressing. We are gonna get Mario to quit Smoking this week and teach Omar some more. Omar got to church yesterday and liked it. BOOM. Work is going great here in Allentown.

This work is most definitely true, I know without a doubt in my mind. I love it with all of my heart. The Book of Mormon is true. We have a challenge in our Zone to read it before the transfer ends. I started two weeks ago and am in Mosiah. I am finishing it in English with  some Spanish thrown in too. Love you all, and can't wait to see ya on skype in a week.
Love,    

 Elder Mike  Dial




No comments:

Post a Comment