Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!



Well Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year as well. At our Christmas Zone Conference, President told us that we would remember the our Mission Christmases for the rest of our lives. It was a cool Christmas this year. Thanks all for cards, packages, and gifts! I think I have enough candy and treats to last me until next Christmas haha but thanks to everyone!!!! I loved reading Luke 2 in English and then afterwards in Spanish. The Spanish Bible has like 1243820182 random words that I don't know, but that's why I have a dictionary right? Right.

Neat story. so remember Fulvio, the huge Dominican we baptized like a month ago? Well his nephew, Jesus came from the DR to live up here, and at our ward party like a week and a half ago, he came up to us and basically told us that he wants to be baptized! We were stoked and he is on date for I think the 15th of January. Fulvio wanted him to be baptized like that Sunday, but we have to teach him first. We were teaching him and in the second lesson, we asked him how he felt about the Book of Mormon. He said, "I already know that it's true.”... Well that is great!!! Why can't everyone be like that??? It is the best when members find people to teach for you! People are so much more prepared and receptive then, and they automatically have a friend in the church! People reading this, I give you a challenge for the New Year. Refer at least 1 person to the missionaries! It is such a better finding tool than contacting or tracting, and what better goal than to help bring a precious soul unto our Father in Heaven!

At Sacrament meeting, I was able to sing 3 songs, Pie Jesu (or Pie Jesus), Star of Bethlehem, and the First Noel. It was a great time. The people here have me sing like everywhere!! On Christmas eve, I think I sang A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, like all 47 verses of that song. It is a good one! Hispanics celebrate Christmas by staying up all night Christmas Eve, then opening their presents at midnight, then sleeping in. They were appalled when we had to leave at like 9 PM and they hadn't even started dinner yet!! But through much protest we made it home on time.

On Christmas Eve, we came home right before we went to a member's house for the Christmas Eve party. We were inside for like 20 minutes, then we come out and it is SNOWING!! Literally perfectly in time for Christmas Eve so that we had a White Christmas. Tender mercies man.

Well my week was fantastic. It is sad to see the Holiday Season go, because everyone is happier this time of year. I am so incredibly grateful for my testimony of the Gospel, and that I know the truth. Sometimes we don't think about that much. Here I am surrounded by hundreds of thousands of people that have no idea what joy and love and peace they are missing out on! We can only do our best to get them to enjoy it! I love you all. Jesus Christ lives. He guides this work and our lives, if we are willing to trust Him and let Him in. I love you so much.


-Elder Mike Dial



No comments:

Post a Comment