Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting a new comp...farewell Elder Wright!



Monday, January 14, 2013

Dear Fam,

Yesterday it was like 54 degrees. Sorry for all you Utah folk chillin' in the single digit realms. It is pretty darn warm here. I love it. Well, tomorrow Elder Wright is departing from the truest area in the Church, Allentown PA. I get a new companion tomorrow and I am excited. It is a little bit unknown, but that's missionary life right there. But in other news, I am not as new of a missionary as I used to be! The church has a 12-Week Program, during your first 12 weeks when you are being trained, you have an extra hour of companionship study where you basically relearn everything and how to teach it from your trainer. Well, now I don't have that anymore. That is very nice. Before, we wouldn't get out until noon. We start personal study at 8, companionship study at 9, and now, we start language study at 10, as opposed to 11 as it used to be.

So Carlos Castro and his family are progressing a lot. Carlos, his son Derek, and his daughter, Shadailiz (Sha-day-lees, but they call her Chachi), all came to church yesterday. His wife hasn't been interested at all, but yesterday he told us that she has started asking about us and the church. I hope and pray that she will start participating in lessons with us and come to church. Carlos says that once she sets foot in the church that she will feel it. Send a prayer that way. We taught them how the church is organized and that we have a living prophet today and that he guides the church through direct communication from heaven. I feel that a lot of times we take that for granted. We have a PROPHET!!! He really does guide this church. I knew that before, but in the past 5ish months I can say that with confidence and surety that I did not have before. What a blessing it is that we have a knowledge of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

 Wow, yesterday and the day before I ate a lot of food. Plenty of arroz, avichuelas, papas, mas arroz, etc.... (rice, beans, potatoes and MORE rice!) I haven't had a day where I had to throw up yet. Elder Wright keeps telling me that those will come though. I need to find a balance of eating fast enough that the people know I like their food, but slow enough so that they don't offer me more. It is tough. Eating slow is terrible; I don't know how you do it Devin.... But with enough practice I will be able to get it. I don't want to come home with an extra 100 pounds packed on me.

Well I am excited for the future. It is going to be a little weird having a new companion, I have loved being with Elder Wright, but I can't change it. My testimony has made leaps and bounds in this short period of time. It will continue to grow exponentially. This is the fetching best thing ever man. It is hard, fun, happy, sad, most gratifying thing I have ever done. It is forever true.

Love ya!

-Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment