Monday, February 18, 2013

1st Transfer!

 
Me and Carlos (bald) Dereck, and Shedeilyz

 
Overlooking Allentown (Left to Right) Me, Hidalgo, Carraway, Tolbert
 
Well, the big news of the week is that I am being transferred! I have no idea where, but we go down to Broomall tomorrow and do the whole transfer meeting where I will find out my new area, companion, and all that jazz. I am really sad to leave here, because Allentown is the fetchin best!!!! But the Lord has awesome things in store for me. I submit my will to his, because He inspires the mission president to call the missionaries to each area. I know that. I have grown so much here, but I am needed elsewhere now.
What President Schaefermeyer did tell me is that he is sending me to a companion who needs some "special help." Well, basically that means that he might be a lazy, disobedient missionary, and he trusts me enough to go and help him out. Haha I am really nervous, but excited. I am grateful that President trusts me that much, now I have to do my part! I will need those prayers more than ever now! But it is ok. This work is bigger than my pride, selfish desires, and my own wants. I submit myself to the Lord! He can make so much more out of me than I can make out of myself!
THANK YOU FOR THE CALANDER!!! Oh my gosh that is the freakin best! I actually bought one like 2 months ago of big bucks, but the family one is better. I will probably hang them up side-by-side. I also LOVE the Jazz blanket. Totes slept with it last night. It was nice and cozy....
Well we had a very interesting experience on Tuesday. We were trying to clean up our branch list, and stopped by this supposed "less-active." We knock on the door, and this Dominican guy answers. He says "Yes! I was praying for angels to come and help me move some stuff, and you guys came. Looks like you will do!" Well we were stoked. We helped him move some furniture into his house, and then just started talking. He knew we were missionaries, and we started talking. He started to kind of knock on Joseph Smith a little bit, and bringing up some classic anti stuff. He then asked us, "Are you sure if you are saved?" I said that I do my best to follow the commandments, be a good person, and that we will see some day. He said, "WRONG." He then asked Elder Hidalgo and a Priest we had with us the same question. They answered like me. He said they were Wrong. He threw his hands up in the air and yelled, "I FEEL SALVATION! I BELIEVE AND THAT'S ALL I NEED TO DO!" Luckily, at this point his wife came in and gave us some food and it calmed him down. We were about to leave, but I wanted to try to save this. I asked if I could sing a hymn. Of COURSE they said yes. They set up a microphone and some speakers, and I broke out "Yo Se Que Vive Mi Senor," "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." The Spirit Literally FLOODED the room. It touched his heart a little bit. He said, "Teach Me." So I went into the First Lesson, about Prophets, Christ, and the Restoration. They ate it up. I got to the Joseph Smith story. When I recited the First Vision, his wife was almost in tears, as was I. Then I started talking about the Book of Mormon. And he closed his heart completely. He started talking. Then he started yelling. He broke out the whole Revelation-no-adding-to-the-word deal. He was literally yelling at us and tearing us apart. He told us we were blaspheming, that Joseph Smith was a liar, and that all we said was a lie, but he was trying to help us know the truth. The Spirit left. We had done our work, so I left cards with our number and we left. He asked for a video about Jesus Christ, so we left him the "Special Witnesses" video, about Prophets and Apostles.... hahaha. Well, I loved it. He directed all of his anger at me, yet I was firm. I was not nervous, and had confidence. I felt sorry and sad for him. How grateful I am for my knowledge of the Restored Gospel. That things of God are reverent and sacred. That we can have the gift of the Holy Ghost. How many things we take for granted. Today, we drove by his house and saw an ambulence.... We will let people draw their own conclusions on that.......
Well, In church I had the opportunity to bear my testimony and give thanks to the branch. Luckily, I didn't cry, but others did! That is how I judge my success haha! By how many people cry. Usually it is in the 50's, 70's,.... somewhere around there. Tonight, they are having a little "Despedida" or a little goodbye party where we are gonna eat lots of Domincan Food, like mangu, queso frito, arroz, habichuelas, salami, morir sonando, and many other things. I can't wait. I will for sure cry there.
Well, I love this mission. It is the fetching best. I love having all of these scary experiences! My testimony has made leaps and bounds in only 6 months! AHHHHH! 1/4 of the way done. That's weird. Don't want it to stop! I love this! I am able to say confidently and with out a doubt in my mind that this stuff really is true! I absolutely and truly do. I love all of you so much, and You're Welcome. This was a fantastic email for all of you. Be grateful haha.
-Elder Jabon Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment