Monday, February 25, 2013

Transferred to Norristown!



6 Month Ceremonnial Tie Burning

Carlos' Baptism - Golden Investigator - Found while backing companion out of parking

Dear Family,
Well, I have been transferred to Norristown PA. It is about 40 miles south of Allentown, and just a little bit north of Philly. It is AWESOME!!!! Elder Fawcett (my MTC companion) is once again mi compa! He is great. He knows his scriptures like nobody's business, and he really has a deep love for these people here. Also, he is really good at sharing the gospel. Sometimes, when you visit people, members especially, it is too easy to just talk casually, then share a quick "spiritual thought" at the end. But we turn the casual conversation into a Gospel Discussion. It is SOOO much better. You really get to know'  people better and love them more!!!
Our ward is combined with an English ward. They translate Sacrament Meeting via headphones, then have separate Sunday School, then someone just translates Priesthood and Relief Society out loud. It has it's advatages and disadvantages. I liked having the meeting in Spanish in Allentown, but there is a TON of support from the English people too. They really intermingle well, which is good.
Well, I don't know whose idea this was, but apparently they thought it would be a funny joke to make me a District Leader haha. Me, Elder Fawcett, then Elder Shumway and Elder Stark make up my district. They are also in our ward, just in English. My first District meeting went well, the Zone Leaders were there and they told me I did well... Hopefully they weren't just trying to be nice! But It is cool being a District Leader! You get to lead, but also be right down in there with the missionaries too. You aren't so far away that you lose that personal relationship.
Here, we have a few investigators on date for baptism. One just needs an interview and he can be baptized. We have TONS that are right on the brink of really progressing. We need to be bold, but not pushy. We need to prayerfully ask the Lord what is it that they need. What can we teach that will touch their hearts and instill that desire to follow Jesus Christ more fully, by showing faith in Him by being baptized by the proper Priesthood Authority!!! We are gonna set a lot of dates this week and see if any of these people need to be dropped. A lot have been taught for a long time without really progressing... Help us out with some prayers sent our way!!!
Well, Since Norristown is only 40 miles away from Allentown, I was able to get permission to return and baptize one of my very good friends, Carlos Castro. He came down here, picked us up after church, and took us back afterwards. He is AWESOME!!! He has some severe back problems, so I baptized him while Jose Taveras, a member in Allentown, was in the font with us and helped as we immersed him under the water and bring him back up. I did everything ok! It was SUCH a rewarding experience and I am honored that he wanted me to help him make those saving covenants with the Lord!
Anything you send me Mom will be AWESOME!!! But if you could find a White baptismal tie to send out, that would be great too! I had to use Elder Fawcett's when I baptized Carlos! And when dad sends his Allergy Package, PLEASE send out some pseudoephedrine. That is the only thing that will clear me up! Go the the pharmacy and ask for the strongest pseudoephedrine they have haha. But you are the GREATEST!!! I love you so much!
Well, this week was great! Thanks for you love and prayers. I love this work so much! I want to do it forever! If you ever are feeling down about yourself, just go share the Gospel with people. It will make you realize HOW much you really do have. Seeing how much this Gospel Changes people is unreal. It makes me feel SOOO blessed that I was raised in it! I don't know what I would do without it. Love you all. Over and Out
-Elder Dial
1. The Castro Family, Me, and Elder Hidalgo
2. P.S. hit 6 months this past Friday, so i got to do this!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I have to remember all the old time Valley Forge people, I'm sure he will get to know them since they are connected with the ward. I SO wish I could go out and see him! So fun to read! I will write him this week about it.

    ReplyDelete