Monday, March 4, 2013

Another week in Norristown, PA



Dear Family,

Well, I have eaten a boatload of Mexican food. This stuff is gonna blow me up!! Haha they don't use utensils, rather tortillas. Never thought you could eat soup with a tortilla, but boy was I wrong. They are delicious! We are actually going to a members house later today to eat some lunch. It is called menudo. She told me what was in it, but I forgot. All you Mexicans out there can explain to everyone else. But I love it here! Norristown PA is awesome. We are right next to King of Prussia, (Yes, that is the city's name, King of Prussia) Which is home to the nation's second biggest mall, also named King of Prussia, or KOP. It is enormous. I have been there twice. We came down from Allentown twice while I was still up there. It is a way NEAT place!!!

P.S. i guess I am putting a PS in the middle of this letter. Tell Steve that his mission is a Facebook mission!!! The Rochester New York Mission, along with ours, and a couple others get to use Facebook to preach the Gospel! We use it to set up appointments, ask for referrals, find people to teach, and to stay in contact with our converts. It is an AWESOME tool, especially because sometimes it is hard to get someone to come out to teach single sisters, and Facebook is AWESOME for that. So tell him to be excited for Facebook!!!

OK, we have a lot of investigators that are JUST about to progress a ton. This one couple, named Dulce and Juan, LOVE what the Book of Mormon teaches, but apparently the missionaries before didn't really emphasize what comes next, which is PRAYER. After they receive that undeniable witness from the Holy Ghost, they will be more willing to take the next step. We had an AWESOME lesson about that with them the other day. They have grown a love for the B of M, and now they are going to receive that answer that our Father in Heaven PROMISED to send to any real seeker of truth. That is such an awesome promise that a lot of time I take for granted. 

I take for granted a lot of things. My family was raised on the principles of the Gospel. My parents loved me. They didn't run off with other people. They were married! We were active in the church. We actually PRACTICED and LIVED what we learned at church. Even though I wasn't as diligent as I should have been, I still knew it was true from a very early age. Mom, thanks for waking us up early to read scriptures. We were all whiners about it, but we didn't really see through your eyes. I still don't, but I am beginning to.

MY DAD IS A RUNNER!!! Haha I remember hearing you say so many times that you hated it! haha now he is addicted like me. That was an awesome picture of you all in front of the temple. Can you send me a couple more pictures in the next package? Those are great. Well, I love you all. Thanks for all you do. I can't imagine how some missionaries do it without support from home. They are much stronger than I. LOVE YOU!!!

 Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment