Monday, March 11, 2013

I ate CHAPOLINES!!



The Crickets

Mike Eating the Crickets...Ummmmm....

Dear Family,

Well we had a cool Zone Conference on Thursday. First of all, President showed us an email from the First Presidency saying that it is now "legal" to email basically whoever. I think everyone was doing it anyways, but good to know that it is approved by prophets, seers, and revelators;  so…everyone better email me!! Haha!!!  President also announced our new Mission President -- Gary and Pamela Anderson. Not the Pamela Anderson that just came to your head. But he is from Hyrum Utah, and gets here in like July or something, neat stuff. In Zone Conference President really focused on the Repentance Process. Sometimes, we kind of skip over repentance a little bit because we don't want to tell people that they were bad! But repentance should not be looked at it that way! Repentance is a blessing! So he challenged us to always teach the Repentance process RIGHT after somebody accepts a baptismal invitation. It is an awesome way. We have really started to focus on Repentance. It is a blessing to be able to repent.

In other news, yesterday I ate CHAPOLINES!! In other words, Crickets!!! Not bad with a little hot sauce and a little lemon. Haha we had them yesterday. A member's son came straight from Mexico Yesterday, and the chapolines were fresh. There should be a nice picture below.

This week, we have started to clean out our investigators. We have been wasting time on people who didn't really want to progress, so we are going to kindly invite them to act and let us know when they want to progress. In the meantime, we are going to find the ELECT!!! We are going to find the people who will not harden their hearts and act upon what we teach. It is awesome. We have had an awesome week at finding, and we are going to weed out the tares from the midst of the wheat.

Dad, I don't know why this is happening to me, but for some strange reason I have a craving for poems. I know you know like 394,284,284,192, so send me some please! Haha I feel really weird asking for that. P.S. Thank you for the Allergy package. That will serve me well here in the next couple months. It was like 60 degrees yesterday!

We did make it to Valley Forge two P-days ago, so I will send you a couple pics. It has a pretty cool visitor’s center. They have tons of little paths that wind through the park. One of these days I may have to force Elder Fawcett to go running with me there! I really wanna do it.

Well, Love you all. The church is true, and repentance is how we can come closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We know we have been forgiven when we can feel the influence of the Holy Spirit in our lives again. I love you!!!!

 Love,
Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment