Monday, March 18, 2013

Milagros! (MIRACLES!)



Dear Family,
Do I have the best family in the world or what? Thank you SOOOOO much for the package. It was delicious and now we have the St. Patty's decorations up right next to our Christmas lights that we haven't taken down yet. I figure it is just easier to keep all decorations up, that way the spirit of the holidays stays all year long, right?

Well things just started too cool down today; rain changing to snow. But that's ok. Even the cold can't slow down the work of the Lord. In our mission people were out in the snow, tracting I think. They introduced themselves to someone, and the person said "I know who you are. Only the Mormons would be out in this kind of weather." I thought that was a neat story.

Haha,  you’re trying to make me jealous about cheesesteaks. We are actually going to Philly today to go to Jim's. Just ask Uncle Curtis about it. I will send ya some pics next week. Don't get too jealous.

We have seen a bunch of miracles in finding. Just following the Spirit, we have found a ton of new people to teach, and actually ran into a referral that we had the wrong address for. That was really cool. We found this one kid named Emer. We taught him the first lesson, which includes how to pray. That may be my favorite thing to do as a missionary. Those first prayers are always so powerful. I have cried a couple times on my mission, most of them from listening to somebody pray for the first time! It is such a cool experience.

So we will probably have a baptism next week. His name is Flabio de la Rosa. He is married to a member, and we are visiting him today to go over the baptismal interview questions. He is pretty solid. I am really excited. Baptizing is pretty neat! I don't know him that well, but I will get to know him better when we go after his baptism to reteach him!

I have one little teensy request. In your next package, can you send me a book with nutritional information in it? I know when Matt got Diabetes he had one like it. I am trying to keep track of what I eat, and that would help TONZ! Love you so much!

AWESOME to hear about all the OLY missionaries; keep me posted. I wanna stay up to date with that. I love hearing about new mission calls and all of that. The mission can change people. It has completely changed me in ways that I expected, but in SOOO many ways that I never would have thought. It is the best thing I have ever done!

Well, it isn't one of my best letters, but that's ok. We keep finding, teaching, and seeing miracles every day. I love my divine calling as a missionary. I feel the Lord working through me, especially now that I am in a leadership position. I was on exchanges, and felt advice come to me that the other missionary needed, that I know didn't come from me. As long as I lean not unto my own understanding, and trust in the Lord with all my heart, mind, might, and strength, he will provide me with all that I need. I love my family. They are thebomb.com 
Love you all, Peace and blessings

-Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment