Monday, March 25, 2013

Born and Raised in Philly!

 "Rocky" Steps in Philly

Mike's good friends brother who happened to be at his ward that Sunday.

 Liberty Bell

Independence Hall

Dear Family,

Well, last week was pretty neat. After we emailed, we actually went on a little trip to PHILLY! It was awesome. You will love the pictures. We got to go see the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, run the Rocky Steps, and all that Jazz. It was pretty neat. It was cold, and started to rain a little bit, but it was great. We also got to go to Jim's steaks and eat some real, authentic cheese steaks. They were pretty good, but not as good as I remember them. I will have to scout out the very best of Philly later on. But nonetheless it was an awesome trip. I hope that one day I get to serve down there.

Where did these past 7 months go???? This time has been flying by! And the bad part is that it will only keep flying! Ugh. No me gusta.... Pero asi es. (I don’t like, but it is what it is!)

Well, it is amazing how the Lord works. One week goes AWESOME and then He decides to humble you a little bit. This was a good week, but we had a lot of days where our plans just didn't work out. I think we tried to visit every former investigator and almost every potential investigator in our area book haha. But that is the way it is. The Lord sometimes lets us go down so that He can lift us up higher. I know that as long as we remember our purpose, and never stop working, that His will will always be accomplished. We will always be useful tools in His hands.

We are starting to teach this guy named Ricardo. We had an AWESOME first lesson with him, and he really opened up to us. He admitted that he used to be a really bad person, and was convinced that God didn't exist, but that now some things happened and he wants to find something. He was very sincere. He committed to read in the Book of Mormon, and gave an AWESOME prayer to end the lesson. He told us that he is leaving to return to Mexico in like a week and a half, so we are gonna send him there with a baptismal date! The missionaries there in Puebla are gonna be very grateful. Hopefully he goes to Elder Dunford's area. That would be very neat!

Well, the church is true. I love this work more than anything. This transfer is almost over, which is soo crazy. It just started! Focus on the real reason of the wonderful Easter Season. The Atonement of Christ is everything. Without Him, we literally are nothing. But through Him, we can become everything. I know that with all of my heart. I have come to know it even more fully by telling EVERYONE about it. My calling is the best calling in the world. I never want to stop. I love you all, and remember what our Lord and Savior has done specifically for you. Then tell your friends about it. Invite them to church. It is a way nice time.


LOVE YA ALL


 -Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment