Monday, April 1, 2013

Numb as can be!



Dear Family,

Well I am sitting here in the library with the right side of my face feeling like it has been pumped up with an air pump. Just came from the dentist where I had a filling refilled. It was a pretty neat experience. I feel like I have to get numb every blasted time I go to the dentist, so thanks for those genes mom and dad..... but that is ok! We had a cool week this week! We were really low on miles, so we did a LOT of walking. We live about 1.5 2 miles out of Norristown, where we do most of our proselyting, but that is ok. Good exercise. But we taught a lot of people, and we are REALLY focusing on getting people to General Conference. The Prophets, Seers, and Revelators have a way of penetrating people's hearts that sometimes we as missionaries don't have. President Schaefermeyer told us that he wants a mission record for investigators at church this week. We are literally inviting EVERYBODY!!! It is gonna be awesome.

Saw a HUGE miracle this week. We have this investigator that is awesome. His name is Misael. (Come on gringos, mees-ay-EL) He wants to get baptized and everything, and is working on getting Sundays off so that he can. We were eating at his house, and he works in a very nice restaurant so we had this DELICIOUS mushroom soup. Oh my goodness it was awesome. The best meal I have had on my mission. But that is not why the appointment was so great! After we taught him a lesson, he had to go finish preparing some food. But his friend, Alfredo was there. He told us to teach him. We were stoked. Alfredo opened up to us about how he had been a REALLY bad person. He cheated on, deceived, and lied to his girlfriend of 7 years, who he said was the best person he has ever met, and resorted to alcohol and drugs. He told us he was very convinced that God did not exist. But then he began searching for something more. That was very recently. He wants to completely change his life, and luckily we have the remedy for all the bad in the world; the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We taught him the Restoration and testified of the cleansing power of the Atonement. We invited him to be baptized, and he said, "Well I was baptized as a baby, but can I do it again?" YES YOU CAN!!! He accepted the date for the 12 of May. He has a very strong desire to learn and to change. I am so excited to see him progress and enter into the waters of baptism.

Got the Easter package haha. Thank you so much!!! Elder Fawcett and I now have awesome matching pillowcases and all. I feel sorry for everyone else who doesn't have a family like mine. Mine is the best. Anyone else who says differently is lying. Thanks for being married and not cheating on each other Mom and Dad. Thanks for raising us on the principles of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and making us do all of those things we thought were stupid when we were little. Thanks for teaching us how to work, how to love, and how to live. I love all of you so much.

This work is true. My testimony grows every day. It is stronger than ever, and I have an AWESOME desire to share it. Love y'all!


-Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment