Monday, April 15, 2013

I Believe in Miracles!



Hello!

We are seeing miracles every day. One of our recent converts has a sister who owns a little store. He is always over there so we go visit him, his sister, and his sister's husband. We got to know them pretty well, and despite our constant efforts, couldn't really get a formal "lesson" with them. The other day, our plans fell through, we were in the area of her store, so we decided to go. She and her husband were there. I happened to be carrying a Book of Mormon in my hand. She asked "Is that your Bible?" "Nope, it is the Book of Mormon! Let me tell ya about it..." We ended up teaching lesson 1 and answering lots of questions. She wants us to come back so we can talk more. Being guided by the Spirit is the best thing ever. One of the greatest feelings in the world for sure!!!

I love it more and more when I hear about people getting called on missions! Especially speaking Spanish!!! Congrats Amy on Guatemala!!! And I guess Stockholm is pretty neat too haha. Being on a mission is literally the greatest thing in the world. I am glad that I made the decision long ago to serve. Someone asked me what I had learned on my mission. I thought about it for a second. I realized that I have learned firstly, how blessed I am to have a knowledge of the restored gospel. I have learned that I really do KNOW that these things are true. I have learned how I want to raise my family. I have seen countless examples of how i DON'T want to raise my family. I have learned that I can talk to people about what I believe and bear testimony about it. I have learned that Miracles happen EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK if we are willing to open our eyes and see them. I have experienced what is says in the Doctrine and Covenants, where it says "draw near unto me, and I will draw near unto you." I have learned to draw unto Him. Every day I study the Holy Scriptures for at least an hour. Then I share them for the rest of the day. I have learned to LOVE them with all my heart. We were listening to a talk by someone and they said that if we read a book a week for the rest of our lives it would total up to about 50,000 something books. In the Library of Congress there are tens of millions of books. He said How can we waste our time in things that don't matter that much? That really hit me. What things are we doing that maybe aren't that important that could be replaced by more important, spiritually significant things? That made me think a lot...

Well now that that rant is over... Flabio was confirmed in Sacrament Meeting today. It was a neat experience. I love the words, "RECEIVE the Holy Ghost." It isn't forced upon us. It is a gift that we receive! We have the choice to receive it or not. He stands at the door and knocks. We let Him in. We had an investigator at church. Her name is Blanca. She is an aunt of someone in the ward. She is from Honduras. She is here in the US until next month, when her visa expires. She is the bomb. She loves the church. She admires what we do as missionaries. She has seen the example of her niece in the church and the joy that the Gospel brings into her life. We are hoping that she will be ready for baptism and confirmation before she has to go back to Honduras, and if she has the desire and drive she will. Blanca is GREAT!!

Elder Fawcett is a baller. His Spanish is goin crazy! He really is improving day by day, and I am really grateful that I am able to be his companion

Love you all, I didn't take many pictures, so let that suspense keep you comin' here!  Until next week...
Love,
Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment