Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mothers Day!



My family is officially the best in the world. Sorry to all you other people who don't get my family.  It was AWESOME to talk to all of you yesterday! So happy that my family loves me, that they support me, and that I will be able to be with them FOREVER!!!!
We taught an AWESOME lesson to an investigator, Eusebia. She has been taught basically everything over the past couple months. We decided to restart from lesson 1 to see if we could rekindle a little desire.... Well it worked. We were teaching her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel. Afterwards, we started bearing testimony. She told us, "I can see it in you. When you say, 'I know that this is true,' I can see it in your eyes. I am envious of that. I would like to have that in my life." We said that if she wanted to feel that Spirit that she was feeling in that moment, and have what we have, she needs to read, pray, and come to church so that she can find out for HERSELF that our message is true. We don't teach people to increase the membership of the church. We teach people to open the doors of the Celestial Kingdom of God to His children. We had invited her to church SO many times before this, but she had never come. Her husband is very disinterested and is against her making her kids come to church. For that reason, she has felt very alone. BUT SHE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!!!! She showed up like halfway through sacrament meeting, and left after sacrament meeting, but she came to church! That was a miracle in and of itself! Def the highlight of my week, besides talking with you beautiful people. The Spirit really can melt egos, fears, doubts, and can open people's hearts like a jackhammer. It is the MOST important thing in this work and we cannot do anything without it. I love it with all of my heart. I am excited for the opportunity to show a brand new missionary how to do missionary work. I pray that I will be led by the Spirit every day, and that I will remain worthy to have His presence with me. Your prayers are needed more than ever now!!! Keep them coming PLEASE. Love you all with all of my heart. God Speed.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to have my son be your trainee! I pray for the two of you every day several times a day! All my prayer. Marion Minnich

    ReplyDelete