Monday, May 6, 2013



Dear Familia,

haha thank you so much for the package... It made me very happy. Mom I had no idea who it was until you just told me mom... But thank you haha. It is always the best day in the world for a missionary when there is a package sitting there on the step. THANK YOU!!  (A gal I work with was visiting inlaws just minutes from Mike’s apartment…so she dropped a package at his doorstep)  Well I am trying to do my best to attach some pictures but apparently these computers are retarded and aren't letting me. I will see what I can do. Let me work my magic.

This week was way cool. On Saturday, we got to do some cool service. The Church owns a plot of land in Valley Forge, (It was a probable temple site until they got the plot in Downtown Philly) and the Valley Forge 1st and 2nd wards are putting together a community garden there. So Saturday, we got to go rip up all of the plants, till it, till it again, and make it habitable for plants haha. We were there from about 8 AM to about 12:30 just tilling. The garden  is like 60 feet by 40 feet, and I spent about 3.5 of those hours tilling. Needless to say, I was SORE beyond belief, but that is ok. I got RIPPED doing it. It was cool. Hopefully I can get a picture attached here in a second....

We have this investigator, Dulce. She and her sister Andrea are taking the lessons. About 4 years ago, she was about to be baptized, but then she told her family, and they all made fun of her and told her she was crazy. She vowed then and there that she would never take the missionary lessons again.... well here we are. We have been teaching her since I got here in Norristown in February, but recently she has started progressing a lot. We have had a couple lessons where we mentioned temple work and that got her really excited! She asked "Do I have to be baptized to go in the temple?" ..... Yes..... She wants to join the church. We taught the Word of Wisdom to her the other day with no complications at all. She loved it. Tonight we have an AWESOME lesson with her. CHASTITY. She isn't married to her boyfriend. We are gonna get her married and baptized very soon. Please pray for her. She and her daughter Andrea, and hopefully her soon-to-be husband Juan will too. I am so excited for them!!!!

We had a Stake conference this past Sunday. It was an Eastern United States Conference Broadcast. Robert C. Gay, Robert D. Hales, and Dieter F. Uctdorf all spoke. ALL of them talked about the family. We need to plant the seeds of faithfulness in our family, said elder Hales. We need to focus on having FHE every week, personal, companion, and family prayer EVERY DAY. The world is getting worse and worse every day and Satan is attacking the family on all fronts. If we can strengthen ourselves from the inside out, he will have no power over us. If I have learned one thing on my mission, it is how I want to raise my family when I grow up. Luckily, I need to look no further than how I was raised for an awesome example.

Well, this work really is true. I know it be true better than I ever have before. Way to finish out strong Matt. I love and am so grateful for the many examples that have gone before me. Thanks to all for your love and support

 -Elder Mike Dial (AHORA EL UNICO!)-“now the only”

No comments:

Post a Comment