Monday, June 24, 2013

"There's a snake in my shirt!"


Lookin' "Bad"...his district


Hmmmm
An excerpt from Mike's companions blog, "Funny story, this week we went to the Roses for a dinner, and Brother Rose has pet snakes. OF COURSE  we held them. but Elder Dial's shot like straight into his shirt! and it pretty much just chilled in there....haha. They had to unbutton his shirt and put ice on the snakes tail to get it out.. it took about 5 minutes."

Hello Family:
 
First things first. I don't have bedbugs. That would be awful. I just have a rash from something...... Don't really know what. I don't know if that comforts you or worries you further. But that's ok. One can still carry on the work of The Lord with a rash.
Can I tell you what is the absolutely best thing in the world? When you get a hard, firm commitment from someone saying that, "Yeah, of course I will be at church!" Then we remind them throughout the week. We stop by. We text them. We call them. We talk to them on Facebook. Sometimes the very morning, 15 minutes before it starts, they say, "Yeah I'm on my way..." Psych. They don't come. BEST THING EVER. I don't know if you can sense my sarcastic tone right now, but that's what I am trying to get across. The Lord is great at humbling us. That's for sure. But that's ok. The Work goes on.
I Don't know if I have told you about Romeris, an investigator. Her boyfriend is a member. She's Dominican (YESSS!!!!). She studied for like 4 or 5 years con los Testigos, (Jehova's Witnesses) but decided to try out our church. Well now she is getting baptized. She was very intrigued with our doctrine, and the Book of Mormon was the HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD FOR HER TO ACCEPT. She reads from her Bible every day, but had such a tough time with the Book of Mormon. We totally went the wrong way at it. We just said that if she would read in the Book of Mormon, pray, she would know. But that didn't work. Luckily one of the members, Brother Garcia, took her to the DC temple with his family. He is awesome.While they went to the temple, she spent time in the Visitors Center. She saw the Testaments movie, looked at all the exhibits, but most importantly, she talked to a Sister Missionary. She brought up her concerns about points of Doctrine that we have. She said and has told us that if she could have answers from the Bible, she would believe! Luckily, The Lord put this sister in Romeris' path. She answered every single question Romeris had directly from the Bible. After that, Romeris went home, and though about it for a while, and in our lesson on Wednesday, she told us that she wants to get baptized. Apparently we weren't getting the message. But it is a testimony to me that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and makes up for what we cannot do. She is set for the 7 of July, a date we set with her a while back. She doesn't drink, smoke, or any of that good stuff. She has been pretty diligent in coming to chuch, and has been reading in the Book of Mormon constantly too. Saturday, she told us she spent 8 hours on lds.org comparing our Bible to the New World Translation, and she said it has given her such a broad understanding of things. Like Alma said, the word is beginning to be "delicious" to her. Wow that was a long paragraph. It has been a good week though!
We can have iPod touches, so I bought one a few weeks back with money I saved up. President locks Safari and Facetime and stuff, but it is an awesome tool.  I have a FAcebook Messenger app that lets me use the "chat" feature from Facebook. I have my scriptures on there so I don't have to lug around a quad along with my Spanish Scriptures. I record my Journal on it. I can type so much faster than writing it down haha. It is a really cool thing. I also keep track of what I eat on there. Sometimes it hurts me to look at it but it's ok...

Was that training awesome yesterday????? Anyone sense a theme? Member missionary work? Yeah. We are gonna get these members going. Well I don't have too much time, but this work is AWESOME. Even when it sucks, it is still great. Every day is a good day as a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ. He lives. I know it. Love you all!!!
-Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment