Monday, August 5, 2013

On the Road Again....

Ward Mission Leader in Valley Forge

Chick Fil A Day





Soon to be Sister Romeris



Dear Family,
Well, we got transfer calls on Friday and Elder Dial is outta here. Don't know where I am going. Tomorrow we have a huge transfer meeting and we all get our new companions and new areas. It is gonna be awesome. Kind of a bummer because Romeris is gonna get baptized this month and asked if I would baptize her, but hopefully I will be close enough that I can return for it. But that's ok! I have loved this area, sad to go, but excited to start a new adventure.
Cool things are happening here in this area. The members are being strengthened and inviting their friends. The bishop told me something cool yesterday. He told me that I made an impact on the ward. Positive one I hope. I needed to hear that. I didn't really have a baptism here in this area, and when he told me that, I remembered how in Chapter 1 of Preach My Gospel it says that our success isn't measured by how many baptisms we get or our numbers. It is measured by our desire to serve the Lord and if we work with all our "heart, might, mind, and strength." We're not expected to be perfect, but we are expected to try. This goes for all, not just missionaries. From the outside, we may not look like we are succeeding. It is always awesome to know that man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh upon the heart. We need to do our best not to judge people by the outward appearance. We NEVER know who is ready to receive the Gospel. We don't see people from the inside out. I think of the verse
"Who am I to judge another, When I walk imperfectly.
In the quiet heart is hidden sorrow that the eye can't see",
One of my favorite verses in the whole hymn book. Well sorry for that ramble. Hope someone needed that haha.
Well, don't know what much else to say. Elder Minnich is a boss. He speaks fetching Spanish. I recommended him for training to President Anderson. He has grown amazingly and will continue to be an awesome missionary.
I love serving the Lord. I hit my year mark this month. That's not ok. Going by way too fast! Being a missionary is the best thing ever. I love you all, and I hope that we all do the little things that the Lord asks us to do. It really is those little things that make the biggest difference in our lives. We sacrifice a little for the Lord, and He pays us back immediately. Go read Mosiah 3 and 4 about that, some of my favorite chapters. Love ya, and will let ya know a lot more info next week!
-Elder Mike Dial


No comments:

Post a Comment