Monday, August 12, 2013

The Garden State

Yup!  Turkeys in their backyard. 

New comp Elder Casey Wall from Davis High School (Utah)


Yeah, never realized why New Jersey is called the Garden State. Well now I do. It is ALL farming. Apparently it is famous for it's crop. That also explains all of the Mexicans here too haha. They all work in "el campo." The city where we live, Bridgeton, really is a mini-Mexico. Probably 90% of the town is Mexican. It is awesome. We are on Bikes too!!!!! I have been waiting forever for this. I need to lose some weight. Well that may not happen, because we eat like crazy here. Probably at least once a day we get fed. Usually more. Not the worst thing that has happened in the world. Mexican food sure is yummy. I love the tortillas, even though that is where most of my weight is coming from nowadays. But that's ok.

My companion is Elder Casey Wall! He went to Davis High school, and actually came out with Elder Minnich. He is a boss. We are working on his Spanish. He can understand kind of what people are saying to him, and can get his message across, but we are gonna perfect his Spanish. He is gonna be fluent in 5 more weeks. Just wait. It is gonna be awesome.

For a paragraph here, I want to return to my last area. On Wednesday, my first day here in Bridgeton, I got a Facebook Message from Romeris, an investigator from my last area. She told me that she decided to get baptized that week. She was baptized this past Saturday, and was confirmed yesterday. Sadly, I personally was not able to be there, but I was 100% there in Spirit. She has made those covenants with our Heavenly Father, and now begins the process of enduring to the end. Hopefully one year from now I will be able to see her in the temple right before I leave that would be an awesome cap to the mission for me. I will be able to go to the temple in November with Fulvio! So stoked!!! Cool fact. Fulvio is now the 2nd counselor in the Allentown branch. He is awesome.

Well here we do lots of walking and riding. It has been very humid. It rains a crap ton here. I sweat like crazy. It is awesome. The Branch here is run by President Miller. He speaks Spanish. His wife is Hispanic. He lives about 40 minutes away. Our chapel used to be a bank, but has been converted into a chapel. It is right in the middle of town which is AWESOME! Now nobody has the excuse that it is too far. But, as in true Hispanic culture, we committed like 12 people to come to church but nobody came. That's ok though. We did our part by inviting. We called them before, texted, stopped at a couple houses on our way to church, but nobody came. We are gonna get like 400 people to church this Sunday though. Look out.

I am excited. There is a restaurant here that apparently has legendary tortas. We will be going soon. I will report with a personal review along with pictures. Get excited everyone.

Well, that's it for today. The church is true. I love it here in South Jersey. The church is just as true here. These people better get excited to hear about the Gospel. The members are gonna give us hundreds of referrals and we are going to talk to thousands of people. This branch is gonna become a ward in like 2 weeks.  I can't believe that I hit a year next week….crazy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment