Monday, August 26, 2013

Service in Bridgeton New Jersey....

We are doing some cool things here in Bridgeton. This past week, Elder Wall and I started volunteering at the Library. We volunteer every Tuesday shelfing books, cleaning up outside, and whatever else there is to do. We had to do a little test to see how we could shelf books. So we did. The Libriarian was way impressed at our shelfing skills. Perhaps I was wrong, but I thought that it didn't require much intelligence to alphabetize books, but hey, I have been wrong before. She asked if we had worked in a Library before, and immediately put us to work haha. It is gonna be a good opportunity to talk to people and share the Gospel. If nothing else, we are showing them that, as missionaries, we try to help out everyone.
 
So on my first day here in Bridegton, we stopped by everyone's houses so that I could meet them. We stopped by this less-active's house, said hi, and talked to her and a friend that was over for a little bit. We couldn't go inside because there wasn't a man present. Had a cool experience Wednesday. We visit this less active, and she cooks for us and it is DELICIOUS!!! Even when Mexican's whip something together really fast because the missionaries are coming it is still good. Anyway, she told us that when we passed by and just talked to her, after we left, Sylva's (Less Active) fried mentioned to her that while we were at the door, she felt something "strange" that immediately left when we did. I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THOSE STORIES!!!! I thank God that I was worthy to be a vessel of His Spirit. We are doing all that we can to try and teach her!
 
A member here got her mission call to Pittsburgh. That is always a cool thing to see someone open a mission call. Took a trip down memory lane. It was pretty neat.
 
Well, things are going well here. Couldn't ask for anything better. Except I could ask for a washer and dryer in the apartment. But I won't let the little things get in the way. This work really is true. It is simply true. I could not find any other logical answer. Love you all. Thanks for the week-early birthday wishes. I hit a year on Thursday!!!!
 
-Elder Dial
 
 
 
 
 
Best Tortillas of the Century made right here

No comments:

Post a Comment