Monday, January 27, 2014

Un Sueño Cumplido‏ (A Dream Fulfilled!)


Literally, a dream come true. I have been transferred back to Allentown, PA. Some would refer to it as the Promised Land. I refer to it as my birthplace, for it was here, almost 14 months ago, where I entered into the mission field. Literally I am sooooo stoked to be here. The area has since been split in two, one side being mostly Allentown and our side covering Bethlehem and the East side of Allentown. SOOOO Excited. Ok Mom, going through your questions. We are still in the same apartment on 129 South 8th St. Apt 1. Allentown, PA 18101. (Any other readers are free to send letters, packages, etc...) You can mail letters/packages here. They won't leave packages at our door. They leave a slip and we go to the post office to pick it up. Allentown is pretty much the same. The Branch is a bit bigger. Couple more members. We have a plan to become a ward in 3 months. Our Branch Mission Plan is super aggressive about reactivation. We have about 300 members and about 80 regular attendees. We are going to get that up. We are super stoked. My Comp is Elder Adrian Acosta from SoCal. Rosamond, I think. Yes, Fulvio, my convert from last November, is here and is planning to go to the temple next Saturday!!! I will def be there. So stoked to get to the temple. Haven't been there since October 2012.  There is also another convert, Martha that is going to the temple to get her Endowment and get sealed in March!! I get to go then too! Super stoked.

Yeah so Saturday night I caught a super bad stomach flu. I couldn't sleep all night, then woke up, wasn't going to go to church, threw up, felt better went to church, right as church ended I got super light-headed and went home and slept for the rest of the day. Now I feel like a new man. It sucked having to stay in, but now I am all better.

Well I would send pictures, but the computer here isn't recognizing my camera. We will see what happens next week.
Carlos Castro, one of my converts, I just found out was inactive for a few months. Not one week ago, he moved back to Allentown. He was at church yesterday and last Sunday as well. I honestly feel that the Lord's hand was in my returning here. I will find out what I need to do to strengthen him, and anything else the Lord sees fit for me to do here in Allentown. I am sure that's just one of many things that the Lord has prepared for me to do here.

 Well, it has been a short week here, but that's ok. The Church is true. I love the work. So excited to be back here in Allentown. Willing to do whatever the Lord wants me to do here. Love you all. Do the little things. They really do make a big difference!!!

 
-Elder Mike Dial

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment