Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Oh hermanos, adiós, pues, adiós! Más allá, más allá, moraremos con Dios en amor‏!! (Oh Brothers farewell and goodbye. We will dwell in love in the future!)


Fulvio Monegro, my convert from Allentown that is preparing to go to the temple on February 15!!!! 


Bridgeton District takes on Philly

 
Saying goodbye to my good friend, Enrique Panteleón
 
Well, the speculations and worries were confirmed on Friday when we received transfer calls. Elder Dial's tenure in Bridgeton, New Jersey has come to an end. Super sad. I have loved my past 6 months here, and it has gone by in a flash. I always wonder where the time goes, and then I realize that that's what happens to time on your mission when you really work hard and lose yourself in the work. That literally happens. You lose yourself then find yourself weeks, months, and years down the road. It is amazing yet scary at the same time. I am sad to leave Bridgeton but am excited to do whatever the Lord has in store for me.

 Word of advice. Be humble. Don't take correction offensively or personally. In our branch some people have some doctrinal misconceptions then get all mad at people who try to help them know what the scriptures and prophets teach. Frustrating but that's ok. Make it easier on people like me by being humble!!

 Bridgeton is gonna take fire in the near future. We just got a Branch Mission Leader. His name is Juan Carlos Pascual, and he literally just returned to Bridgeton from his own mission in Rochester NY. In his homecoming talk, he said, "Wow, I don't even get a week to rest, do I?" He began magnifying his calling by inviting some less-actives and friends to the Noche de Hogar (FHE) we have every Monday night. Excited to hear what happens in Bridgeton with Brother Pascual as the Branch Mission Leader.

 We went to Philadelphia yesterday for our P-Day. We had a great time. I sent a picture of the Philly Temple. Going up fast. SOOOO coming back when it's up and running. We went to the Temple Site, ate a steak sandwich, and then went and bought some cheap stuff. Love that about Philly

 Well, not much to say this week. We said good-bye to a bunch of people. Sad. But I will see them again soon. No worries. I am excited to see where the Lord sends me tomorrow. His hand is guiding this work. It isn't President Anderson's. It is the Lord's. I know this. I have had too many experiences of divine guidance to think otherwise. More than that, the Holy Ghost has whispered to me that it is true. I know it. Love you all!!

Elder Mike Dial 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment