Monday, February 24, 2014

Loving my I-Pad


Saw some super neat stuff happen this week. We had a lesson with O**** B***. He is the son of converts of about a year and a half. He is the only one left in his family that is not a member of the church. We had a super good lesson about faith and repentance. The Spirit was there. He told us that he almost started crying during the lesson. That's always a good thing. Tonight we are going to teach him about baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. He's totally going to get dunked this next month or the next one. It's going to be a way nice time. The only possible setback is that he may or may not be dating another less active member in the branch and maybe creating a vicious feud between two families in the branch but you know that's alright. Miracles happen. We are super excited to teach him about the law of chastity. I love teaching the law of chastity. I listened to a Spencer W. Kimball talk this morning about the law of chastity. It was a good time. Onasi will have a date very soon. Keep him in your prayers. Going to need a few of them thank you so much.

Thank you so much for the package that you sent! Dad, I love the Bluetooth speaker. I listen to talks on it all the time. Plus it is awesome in lessons to show videos, the Bible videos, Mormon messages, etc.  It really is an awesome tool that we have these iPads. We plan better, we can bring the Spirit in lessons more effectively, and study more effectively for investigators, and that's what it's really all about. Can you tell that I really love these iPads? I love them!!

It always kind of sucks when you have an awesome lesson with somebody and you know that the Spirit is there, you set a baptismal date, you think that everything is going super well and then you never see the person again. We had some awesome investigators that we saw about two weeks back, set a baptismal date, the Spirit was there. You could've touched it, but we haven't been able to make contact with them. We try stopping by, we've tried using Facebook, we have tried texting, calling, and everything in between. But, it'll all work out in the end.

Good sacrament meeting yesterday. I love playing the organ. It helps me to feel the Spirit. Plus I love the service that I am able to render while doing it.

It's going to be another cold one this week. Over the weekend it was in the 50's. We get a little taste of Utah weather I guess! It's getting back down, probably gonna snow again on Wednesday. But that's ok. We don't let it affect us.

Nothing super crazy happened this week. Just another week of hard work and testimony building. I am doing better at keeping my study journal on the Gospel Library app. That way it will always be synced online and I will have it forever. I love technology. But not as much as I love the Gospel. I know that it is true. The argument for it is way stronger than the argument against it, if you really want to weight both sides. But the biggest reason why I know is because the Holy Spirit has testified to me in a personal, reverent way that it is true. I know it. I love you all!


Elder Dial


P.S. I hit 18 months this past week. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment