Monday, March 3, 2014

Solid Week!

I went on a couple exchanges with my District Leader and Zone Leader and learned some awesome things. We are doing our best to work with these members and to get them stoked on loving each other. There is a bit of a problem of gossip in our branch. People wonder why nobody is there for them because they receive no visits from their home teachers, visiting teachers, or whoever else, but it hasn't entered into their head to do their own visiting assignments. Ugh. It is obnoxious. Luckily I was raised by a Dad that showed me a super good example of always being diligent in his Home Teaching. I was a butt head about it sometimes, but now I realize how important it is! It isn't about us. It is about someone being there for the families that we are supposed to be there for. In our branch, we have a ton of single sisters that need priesthood leaders present. The home teachers can and should be that source of help. We are working with the branch and stake leaders to figure out how to get people stoked on doing it.

We had a good lesson with the Figueroa family. They are a family that was semi active when I was here last year, and then went less active. They have a daughter that is about 15 months old, and they want to be active in the church to have a good environment for her, but are just being a bit lazy about it. We taught them about the temple and about how no sacrifice is too great to be able to get there. We took the approach of teaching them about what their potential really is. They understood it completely, and we really are hoping and praying that they are able to step out of their comfort zone and do the necessary things at the expense of their own comfort to be able to qualify for a current temple recommend. I have a testimony of the temple. It is the house of The Lord. We should go often and do all we can to be able to understand more about what goes on there. We are working very tightly with them, and it is paying off because they gave us two solid referrals yesterday! So we are stoked.

This week I will be having my first Skype lesson! I have been taking with an online referral that lives in Mexico City. We are excited to be able teach him face to face and to invite him to come unto Christ. Gonna be a great time.

We play basketball every Saturday and sometimes with the youth on Thursdays. I am getting way better. Better look out when I get back Matt....

Well we are having a great time. You know that. Crazy things are happening in the world, but if we are obedient, diligent, and faithful, we don't ever need to worry. That's my testimony!

Elder Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment