Monday, August 4, 2014

It's August!!!



I really don't know what to say about this. 

Holy fetch. It's August. That's pretty weird. Yo. We had 7 investigators at church yesterday. Not as many as our 9 last week, but hey, I ain't complaining.

So on Tuesday we taught Claribel, and it was a super good lesson. We kind of have to speed teach her because she wants to get baptized next Sunday. We taught the first three lessons. Went well. She understands stuff. Not perfectly, but ya don't need to understand perfectly. That comes with time and in eternity. We also taught another Dominican member family. They are pretty neat! We ate some good Dominican food and taught the non member mother. We will see how it goes. We then saw Marco. He is stronger than an elephant wearing trousers on a Sunday afternoon. He is stoked about baptism. Taught the Ten Commandments today. He got them. Super stoked for him. Yup. That's what we did. Don't know what else to write. Love life.

On Saturday we taught a bunch of lessons. We first taught this 16 year old kid named Michael. He's kind of a punk, but so are all 16 year olds. Haha teenagers have a very interesting view about God and religion. Like Elder Holland would say, "Talk about man creating God in his own image." What people don't understand is that God has given us commandments. If we will just believe and obey, we will be alright. But people are lazy and don't want to do anything, so they make up their own God. That was the sentiment of the conversation we had with Michael. We will see how it goes with him.

We then saw the Espinal family. That's Maira, her daughters Genesis and Suhailey, Maira's mom, Aura, and then I think her brother, David. We had a good lesson about faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. That family is gonna get baptized very soon. They are one of the reasons that I was sent here to Camden. I love it when I see the hand of The Lord in my life. I just click with them, and I love studying the Gospel with them. Even Genesis, who is 15, is reading in the Book of Mormon and highlighting what impresses her. Like her book is marked up. It is a super cool thing to see. They all committed to come to church. I hope they can stay for the three hours. Gonna be a good time.

We then went and saw Claribel, who is getting baptized next Sunday. She is super incredibly quiet. Getting answers out of her is somewhat similar to pulling teeth out of a squirrel with its mouth clamped shut, but that's ok. She has been coming to church since December, and knows the stuff. She sometimes just doesn't know it by the name we call the certain commandment. She has her baptismal interview Monday because she is going on girls camp all next week. That's gonna be a super good experience for her. Super excited for her!!

Well, pretty much love y'all to death, but for now, I love this disgusting city of Camden more. We are super stoked. Two baptisms next Sunday. Marco and Claribel. I'm giddy. In denial. Not coming home. Love ya, but sorry. I love this work so much. There is nothing I've ever done that has made me so happy or has made me grow as much as missionary work has. It is the best thing I have ever done. If you have the chance take it. 
Love, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment