Monday, August 11, 2014

Placentero Nos Es Trabajar En La Viña del Gran Rey Jesús!‏ (We are laboring in the vineyard of Jesus Christ the King!)


 
 
In a nutshell here is what happened this week. Marco got baptized! Claribel is gonna get baptized next Sunday. We had a super good Zone Conference. So Elder Morgan, Elder Minnich and I had prepared an awesome rendition of "Savior Redeemer of My Soul." We get into zone conference early, and two other elders are practicing it to sing it as the other musical number...... Well so we called Elder Minnich and asked what the easiest hymn to arrange is. He said "Nearer My God to Thee." So in about 15 minutes literally we put together a rendition that blew the socks off of the audience and brought the Spirit super strong into the room. I love performing for that reason. The Spirit comes in a completely different way. It went super well and tears were shed. That's how we do. Incredibly good week. Plus we had 11 people at church yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is difficult to describe my feelings right now. Yeah, I'm stoked to come home, go to college and live life and all that, but that also means leaving this way of life that I have come to love so much. Of
course I won't leave behind the habits, maturity, and testimony that have come to me, but you know what I mean. I didn't know it was possible to come to love these people and their culture as much as I
now do. I'm literally getting choked up as I write this.

 Seeing as this is my last letter home, I have decided to compile a list ofthings that I have learned over the past two years. This is in no way everything, or else you would be reading this email for years, nor can all that I have learned be written.

I have learned that God loves all His children, and that the worth of their souls really is great in His sight. When we realize that single fact, it enables us to be able to serve them as He would serve them.

As we serve those children of God, we are filled with love towards them and we begin to see them how God sees them. We feel a tiny portion of His same love that He feels towards them.

How much I have come to love a good Mexican spicy salsa. Si no pica, ¡no sirve!

How bad of a Dominican accent I have. (You'll see next week)

The amazing power there is in the scriptures. Some of my most sacred experiences on my mission have been during the quiet hour from 8-9 during my own personal study between me, The Lord, the scriptures, and my study journal.

If you ask for humility, The Lord will make you humble. He is EXTREMELY good at that.

If you will just communicate with your companion things will be 847,295,727% better.

Sometimes alcohol, weed, heroin, crack, and LSD make people more receptive to the Gospel!!!

Don't beat around the bush or try to sugar-coat things. Be bold and straight-up with people.

The Lord will absolutely, 100% of the time fill our mouths with the words we must say if we will just open them.

Even though it is never quite as glamorous nor gratifying, planting seeds always precedes the harvest, even if we never see the harvest nor take part in it.

The Lord really does keep his missionaries safe. (They really need safety walking the streets of Camden.)

The greatest joy that comes to one in this life is through selfless service.

The prayers of a righteous family availeth much. Prayers really are felt!

Christ is the Master of simplicity. Satan is the master of complexity.

No Random Thoughts!!! Most of those random thoughts are the Spirit
prompting us.

Prophets and apostles are real. Heed their teachings and you will see  the promises they make fulfilled right before your eyes.

Bruce R. McConkie really knew his stuff.

Preaching the Gospel isn't really that hard, you just have to make an effort to do it.

Show me someone who is keeping the commandments out of their own free will and choice and I will show you a happy person (see Mosiah 2:41).

We can't reach our potential unless we have a vision of what we want to accomplish, then set goals and make plans accordingly.

When we realize what divine potential we have to become like God, nothing this world has to offer should ever cross our mind.

The Bible really does testify of the restoration of the Gospel.

I could never marry a Puerto Rican. They yell too much.

As you keep a daily journal you recognize the hand of The Lord in your personal life.

Well there's an extremely short sample of the things I have learned in two years of full time service. What is most important is that I have learned and come to know that the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. From what I have seen, heard, and felt, I cannot doubt that any longer. I have committed to be a devoted disciple of Christ for the rest of my life. My most important convert on my mission has been myself. I know it. I am so stinking excited to see y'all in a week.
Love ya!

Elder Mike Dial

No comments:

Post a Comment